Hospital 2

FAITO
The road leading up to the hospital is eerily silent. The ER entrance has a few police vehicles with lights off, but aside from that? Nothing.
7:16 PM
It makes it rather easy to hear the crunch of boots behind Michael. "Where are you goin', pretty flower?" Cam.
7:17 PM Michael_Lin
considers the likelihood of pretending he didn't hear him and just keeping walking. Instead, he just points towards the hospital.
7:18 PM FAITO
"Y'know that's gonna get you killed, right? The other one has to be in there…"
7:18 PM
Michael can see a pale light glowing up towards the cloudy sky. Occasionally, he can barely make out the flicker of two feminine shapes. One, restrained and resisting. The other, enfolding and whispering something…toxic.
7:19 PM Michael_Lin
"I-I k-know he is." very quiet, timid. But he doesn't really want to explain his logic to Cam: the fact that even now, there were still /rules/ governing the situation. That both Magatama would be needed to do…whatever came next, shape the world, which meant both of them needed to be alive for it at least initially.
7:19 PM
And the world hasn't ended yet.
7:19 PM

7:20 PM FAITO
"You some kind of hero now? You…are barely even you. What's your plan?"
7:21 PM Michael_Lin
If he has to exist, he might as well make the lives of others worthwhile.
7:21 PM Night has joined the channel.
7:22 PM Michael_Lin
But he's not even going to reply to Cam, just…keeping walking.
7:23 PM FAITO
Cam steps up beside him, keeping pace. It makes him stop every couple of steps, until he finds a rhythm. "Shame to stop this early, when you've only just begun. So many people WANT something from you…what do you want, Hito-Devi?"
7:25 PM Michael_Lin
He doesn't know. He's never had to think about it before. (who am I?) that ghost of a question from both his halves on the edge of dying. But louder still he can tell himself that he wants to make other people's lives worthwhile, since he has to exist. That's enough, isn't it?
7:26 PM FAITO
Cam pauses. "…there it was. Y'felt that? I think I just saw your spine straighten, kid."
7:29 PM Michael_Lin
He doesn't really think so.
7:30 PM FAITO
Cam grins. "I've got your back, then." He extends his arm…and a new, floor-length red coat appears. Leather, naturally, with an Anarchist symbol scarred across the back. "Let's go say hi to Momma."
7:32 PM Michael_Lin
sighs inwardly. He doesn't particularly want to go anywhere with him. (Princeling thinks so very much of himself.)
7:36 PM Michael_Lin
But keeping walking.
7:40 PM FAITO
A few things become immediately apparent. 1 - the few police officers are staring at Michael
7:40 PM
2 - the doors are sitting by the open doorway in four near slices.
7:40 PM
3 - there are sheet-covered corpses by the door. And shell casings.
7:41 PM Michael_Lin
….oh dear.
7:43 PM FAITO
A man in dark clothing, a gray coat, and a very large pistol walks up to Michael. "You…aren't human, are you?"
7:43 PM
The cops raise their guns, but he stands firmly between them and Michael.
7:43 PM Michael_Lin
"I-I u-used t-to b-be?"
7:44 PM FAITO
"…that's…refreshing. Are you a demon, then? Or something else?"
7:44 PM
The guns cock. He doesn't appear to notice.
7:44 PM Michael_Lin
"S-something e-else, I-I t-think, s-sir."
7:47 PM FAITO
The man nods. "Call me Gray. Are you here to help or harm? I don't like shooting former children, but my job is a duty - not a pleasure."
7:47 PM Michael_Lin
"H-help. O-or t-try t-to, sir."
7:48 PM FAITO
He nods. "And your caucasian friend?"
7:49 PM
Cam grunts. "We aren't friends. We aren't even lovers. I'm just following my meal ticket."
7:49 PM Michael_Lin
Slim shoulders just shrug, timidly.
7:49 PM
(So very honest of him.) behind glass.
7:50 PM FAITO
Gray…sniffs the air. "Right. Be careful. I've already lost contact with Will Lawrenson and a doctor who seems to be organizing matters inside." He…looks like he might smile, but doesn't. "In my experience, supernatural teenagers are not to be trifled with."
7:50 PM
…the layer between sarcasm and sincerity is a very, very thin one.
7:52 PM Michael_Lin
"I-I w-will, s-sir." if the man will let him go, he'll start walking again.
7:53 PM FAITO
Gray steps aside. "Good luck, young…person. Don't be afraid to run away, if this gets to be too much."
7:53 PM
Cam snorts. "Run WHERE?"
7:54 PM Michael_Lin
is just going to keep walking.
7:56 PM FAITO
The main lobby is a mess. It shows scorch, scratch, and stranger marks all over the facility.
7:57 PM
As Michael steps inside, his vision flickers and then he hears a voice: "H-h-help….help is needed…help…is needed."
7:59 PM Michael_Lin
…where?
7:59 PM FAITO
Visions of maps flicker across his vision.
8:00 PM Michael_Lin
And following the maps…
8:00 PM FAITO
The basement - a red blip is heading down, with green blips disapparing in its wake. Behind it, a blue blip follows, with many more green blips disappearing on contact.
8:01 PM
The breakroom - several pink dots, huddled close.
8:01 PM
The morgue - DANGER, DANGER, INFORMATION NOT AVAILABLE
8:02 PM
Objectives: Disable the corrupting tra-tra-transmission
8:03 PM
Objectives: Rescue the protector of children
8:03 PM
Objectives: Destroy the Voice of Madness
8:03 PM
Objectives: Cease the rising dead
8:03 PM
Objectives: Survive.
8:04 PM Michael_Lin
notes all these down. The morgue is likely where the Brazilian is…but to get there, he has to go through the rest of the basement. Well, at least he has an idea…
8:06 PM Michael_Lin
And going to head towards the stairs, then.
8:09 PM FAITO
As he reaches the stairwell, he hears a faint, but insistent groaning…the stairwells are not empty. Far from it. Shambling, mostly naked bodies, still showing their y-cut seams or worse are doing two things.
8:09 PM
Crumbling from within with glowing energy…
8:09 PM
And climbing.
8:12 PM
(Alertness for initiative, or you can try to fake-out Cam into clearing a path.)
8:13 PM Michael_Lin
…oh dear. Immediately, going to pull the veil of his other self over himself, because Nikaia knows how to fight.
8:14 PM Michael_Lin is now known as Misha_Nikaia
8:16 PM Misha_Nikaia
There's always a way past, even down the stairs: if Cam wants to pretend he is slightly useful, he can handle the zombies. And going to try to slide past, through a small opening in the zombies, disappearing soft and unseen.
8:19 PM FAITO
The zombies start swarm Cam…who starts laughing. "Don't die, Nikaia! I need the tasty nugget in that brain of yours! Now go on - I still have some healing to do, and Mrs. Otis smells…different!"
8:21 PM Misha_Nikaia
Not even going to waste time with a reply, but hurrying past.
8:22 PM Night has left IRC (Disintegrated: Night)
8:22 PM Kaji has joined the channel.
8:22 PM Kaji is now known as Night
8:24 PM FAITO
Down in the peds ward…things are different. The children's drawings left across the digital walls occasionally flicker and move. The rooms are all quiet and still. The main area has only one current occupant - a little caucasian girl in little blue dress, white stocking, and little black shoes.
8:24 PM
"Hello, Hito-Devi."
8:24 PM Misha_Nikaia
"Hello,"
8:26 PM FAITO
She steps forward, tilting her head. Her appearance is…too precise. Too symmetrical. Too…modeled.
8:26 PM
She's too smooth to be human.
8:27 PM
"I want to warn you. You don't have any friends."
8:27 PM Misha_Nikaia
"Thank you for the warning. I know."
8:29 PM FAITO
She nods. "My friend likes you. So I'm going to let you live now. The next time I see you? I think I'm going to kill you. I don't think you'd agree with my vision."
8:29 PM Misha_Nikaia
"Perhaps. Perhaps not. But understood." very gracefully.
8:31 PM FAITO
Alice curtsies. "Oh, and one more thing…"
8:32 PM
"Have you ever played ring around the rosey?"
8:32 PM
The lights come up. Alice is gone. Michael is NOT alone.

8:33 PM
Three children peer over a fallen table. "…is it snack time?"
8:34 PM Misha_Nikaia
"You may want to find something else to eat," very cool, like water below ice, and trying to get a sense of the room's layout.
FAITO
The children clamber out in their hospital gowns, fanning around him. "Ring around the rosie…pocket of full of posies…Mommy said that we can eat…your fingers and your toesies…"
8:36 PM
The first one who spoke, a young boy adds, "Mommy said you'll try to stop her."
8:36 PM
They each shake their heads…and thin cracks of red light appear across their skin.
8:40 PM
Even as the others are changing, the smallest of them - a girl with pigtails - APPEARS in front of Michael and lashes out with dripping claws. Her skin is entirely black. She has no mouth - instead, her teeth are tearing through a formless jaw…still making the hole
8:40 PM
The screen reads DRUAGR
8:41 PM
ATTACK: 2 vs. DEFENSE: 3 - MISS!
8:42 PM FAITO has set topic: Initiative: DRUAGR, Michael, DRAURG, DURAGR
8:43 PM Misha_Nikaia
fluidly sidesteps, but as he sidesteps, begins to sing, quietly.
8:45 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 1, 1, X vs. DEFENSE: 4, 1, X - 1 hit!!!!
8:45 PM
POWER: 3 vs. ARMOR: 0
8:45 PM
[ ] [ ] [X]
8:46 PM FAITO has set topic: DRUAGR, Michael, DRAURG [ ] [ ] [X], DURAGR
8:49 PM FAITO
The next boy moves to grasp Michael!
8:51 PM
Michael's slammed to the ground, the DRAURG looming over him. Trying to yell as its face splits and tears.
8:51 PM
The last one sighs. And points.
8:52 PM
ATTACK: 1 - An icicle drops from the ceiling.
8:53 PM
DEFENSE: 1 - HIT!
8:53 PM
POWER: 3 vs. ARMOR: 0 - [ ] [ ] [X]!!!!
8:54 PM
It scrapes across Michael's belly, ruining his uniform at least for now.
8:55 PM
ATTACK: 0 …
8:55 PM
DEFENSE: 5 - spin!
8:55 PM
(+1 to next roll versus DRUAGR)
8:56 PM Misha_Nikaia
tries to push himself up, singing again, trying to conjure that blast of wind.
8:57 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 4, 4, 4 vs. ….
8:57 PM
DEFENSE:
8:58 PM
DEFENSE: 3, 0, 1 - 3 hits! GOOD JOB!
8:58 PM
POWER: 7, 5, 7 vs. ARMOR: 0
8:58 PM
Three children are slammed back. The boy on top of her slams into the ceiling. The other two go flying into furniture, shattering it.
8:59 PM
A low growl comes from one of the side rooms…and a taller, dark-haired boy of about 12 walks out in a hospital gown and jeans.
8:59 PM
"You hurt my friends. Stop it, or I'm gonna have to hurt you."
9:00 PM
A name appears over him.
9:00 PM
TRUE DRAUGR
9:00 PM Misha_Nikaia
"If they had left me alone, then I would have left them alone."
9:02 PM FAITO
"I'll give you one chance. Go home! I don't want anybody else to be hurt, and Miss Lin said that we have to behave."
9:02 PM
He looks…uncertain.
9:04 PM Misha_Nikaia
"I came for none of you." Misha says, calmly. "If you can keep your friends from attacking me, then no one else will be hurt."
9:06 PM FAITO
"Oh….oh. O-okay. What do I do, then? I think…I think I have superpowers, but the other kids are going CRAZY. Mo-…Miss Lin can make the hurting stop."
9:10 PM Misha_Nikaia
ponders. "Do you know where she is now? Could you try to take them to her?" Really, Mother would be /terrible/ for them, but… "Or. The ones that attacked me wanted to eat me, and there are zombies upstairs. Do you think you could take them upstairs to eat them?"
9:11 PM FAITO
"Oh. She's on the roof…but…you don't want to go there. But I'll get some kids together. We'll…I guess we've got to eat something." He gulps, looking disgusted. "Thanks, Miss!" He runs off. "OH, and watch out for the PICU!"
9:12 PM
Two slightly-warped automatic doors in the back of the ward bear that mark.
9:13 PM Misha_Nikaia
Something terrible going to occur there, of course. At least forewarned means forearmed.
9:15 PM
And going to cautiously approach, after glancing at the maps to see what lie in front of him.
9:16 PM FAITO
The map shows the doorway, but not the structures beyond it. As Michael appears, a pop-up appears.
9:17 PM
YOU DETECT AN OTHERWORLDLY PRESENCE. Do you wish to open the door? Y/N
9:19 PM Misha_Nikaia
Before he does so, Nikaia is going to concentrate, and the familiar weight of the white dress falls into his arms. Familiar, and more welcome than what he's wearing now, as well as better protection, and he is going to very swiftly change.
9:21 PM FAITO
"…shall rule, free of this burdensome l-"
9:21 PM
"Stop talking."
9:21 PM
"….excuse me?"
9:21 PM
"I said…stop talking. Why do I need you?"
9:21 PM
"You INSOLENT-"
9:21 PM
There is a great crash.
9:21 PM
…and then there is silence.
9:22 PM Misha_Nikaia
…well.
9:22 PM FAITO
"…Wings. Wings make for weak creatures. Wings…break."
9:24 PM Misha_Nikaia
Nikaia breathes in for a moment, listening to the conversation, before gently touching the door to push it open.
9:25 PM FAITO
With a crack, it falls in front of him…revealing a large operating theatre in total darkness. All but for a pale violet glow as a man sits on one of the gurneys. "Brother…so you came."
9:26 PM Misha_Nikaia
"So I did." inclining his head gracefully as he steps through the door.
9:27 PM FAITO
He glances off to the side. An old woman is dripping and breaking apart into gore and bugs.
9:27 PM
"Have they been bothering you? The old ones?"
9:28 PM Misha_Nikaia
"No, they have not. Not yet." Because they want to bother someone they see as worthwhile, of course.
9:33 PM FAITO
He nods. "And…Emily. The voice…what does she want from you? I want to know."
9:35 PM Misha_Nikaia
"She wants me to carve out half my soul in order to be a child she can accept." Nikaia says, calmly. "And since I refused that, to die."
9:36 PM FAITO
He nods. "So that is why I'm killing you. A fair reason. You see, I hate to owe debts. Once I kill you…I can kill her without regret. Is it not better to have no burdens?"
9:39 PM Misha_Nikaia
"I suppose." Nikaia replies, his voice still serene. "But don't expect me to simply lie down and die." Roses have thorns, after all, roses and witches.
9:42 PM
He hums, under his breath, a soft song: pretty, sweet, but the kind that drains the will and ability to attack to hear.
9:43 PM FAITO
The Brazilian looks up at the sound. "…So you sing as well. I…I used to hunger. Now? I am free to desire. I think I want to preserve your windpipe, like a flute." He stands. And starts to walk forward.
9:43 PM
INITIATIVE: Michael, THE OTHER
9:43 PM FAITO has set topic: INITIATIVE: Michael, THE OTHER
9:46 PM Misha_Nikaia
neatly steps aside, quickly, trying to keep distance between him and the other, and singing again, the same song he'd sung against the children, trying to conjure that blast of wind. Whether it hits him or brings down something large and heavy on him, Nikaia isn't terribly picky
9:47 PM FAITO
There are about five different operating areas, separated by glass screens. Various gurneys, medical equipment, and tray tables lay around in a mess.
9:47 PM Kaji is now known as Night)
9:50 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 5 vs. DEFENSE: 4 - HIT!
POWER: 5 vs. ARMOR: 2!!!!
9:51 PM
[ ] [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
9:53 PM
One of the glass walls shatters and the gurney behind him snaps in two across his back. He staggers briefly…then tosses a heart monitor at Michael. "More."
9:54 PM
ATTACK DOWN!! ATTACK: 3-2 = 1 vs. DEFENSE…
9:55 PM Misha_Nikaia
throws himself into a roll sideways, coming up neatly, just in time to barely avoid the heart monitor, which smashes into the wall behind him, right where he was, large dent marking that place.
9:57 PM Misha_Nikaia
He takes a quick look around: not wanting to exhaust his magic entirely yet, instead he ops for trying to kick a gurney /into/ one of the glass dividers, trying to bring the wall down onto the other Demifiend.
9:59 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 5 vs. DEFENSE: 1 - SPIN!
9:59 PM
POWER: 2 vs. ARMOR: 2
10:00 PM
[ ] [ ] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
10:00 PM
He nods, peeling a chunk of glass from his pants. "Good. More!"
10:00 PM
He picks up an EKG and LUNGES with a leap at Misha
10:03 PM
ATTACK DOWN! ATTACK: 1 -2 = -1 vs. DEFENSE…
10:04 PM
DEFENSE: 1 - MISS!
10:04 PM
He continues THROUGH the wall behind Misha into the ward.
10:04 PM
There isn't much wall left.
10:05 PM
He eyes a vending machine.
10:08 PM Misha_Nikaia
hops through after him: the children's ward has a lot of things that could be thrown, shoved, or otherwise kicked at the other man. Like one of those rolling gurneys.
10:10 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 2 vs. DEFENSE: 4 - Miss! He catches the Gurney, tosses it behind him, and grabs the vending machine. He heads towards Michael with intent, swinging upwards and crunching a dent into the ground.
10:12 PM
ATTACK: 4 - 2 = 2 vs. DEFENSE: 4 - MISS!
10:13 PM
He lets go of the vending machine, breaking a huge hole in the ceiling.
10:14 PM Misha_Nikaia
sings softly, that same song from the beginning, without words.
10:14 PM FAITO
ATTACK DOWN!!!!
10:16 PM
He shakes his head, sighing. "How many people do I have to kill before you show me your true power?" He grabs the machine again and smashes another section of ceiling, trying to bring it down on his evasive enemy.
10:18 PM
SPIN!!! Part of the ceiling collapses on top of Micheal, pinning him for a moment.
10:20 PM Misha_Nikaia
tries to dig his way out of the ceiling collapse, and to throw a particularly sharp bit back at the Brazilian.
10:22 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 0 vs. DEFENSE: 3 - SPIN. TRIGGER!
10:22 PM
…COUNTER
10:24 PM
POWER: 4 vs ARMOR: 2 - [ ] [X] [ ]
10:24 PM
He backhands the sharp bits out of his way, nearly snapping Michael's ankle. Instead, he reaches for it.
10:25 PM
ATTACK: 5
10:27 PM Kaji has joined the channel.
10:28 PM Night has left IRC (Ping timeout)
10:28 PM Kaji is now known as Night
10:29 PM FAITO
Misha feels a vice clap around his ankle. Then Misha is hanging upside from said ankle.
10:34 PM Misha_Nikaia
can't get any leverage to kick him, but he can still punch him. And quite possibly the only useful lesson Mother taught him comes to mind: twelve, her brushing his hair. If a man tries to do /anything/ to you that you don't want, then hit him where it hurts the most. And even Brazilian once-demons aren't likely immune to that, especially since hanging him upside down like this puts him at the perfect angle for it.
10:36 PM FAITO
Your angle is good. You even hit. Unfortunately, the Brazilian is wearing a cup.
10:36 PM
Huh. Is…is the ceiling getting CLO-CRASH.
10:36 PM
[ ] [X] [X]!!!!
10:36 PM
Michael's head is in the lobby.
10:41 PM Misha_Nikaia
His head hurts, he is dazed, but he is going to try to sing that same song again, even if his voice wavers a little.
10:42 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 5!!!
10:43 PM
A form in steel and light manifests behind Misha. "You are not worthy." THE VOICE sings with Misha.
10:43 PM
Suddenly, Misha is lying upside down in the reception table. IN it, partly through it. The Brazilian is lying against a folded pillar.
10:44 PM
[X] [ ] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
10:48 PM
He stands up. "Better." He grins. "No more holding back." He runs towards Misha and PUNCHES, bare-handed.
10:49 PM
ATTACK: -2
10:49 PM
DEFENSE: 4 - SPIN!
10:50 PM
The entire reception area collapses into the ped ward. Luckily, neither of them are still ON it.
10:52 PM Misha_Nikaia
disentangles himself from the table with a neat roll: singing that song again as he comes up neatly, trying to put distance between them.
10:54 PM FAITO
ATTACK: 9 vs. DEFENSE: 4 = HIT!!!

10:54 PM
The wall, ceiling, and floor behind the Other shatters in a gale of cutting air. He looks behind him. And nods.
10:55 PM
"Impressive."